Ruggedman Insists He Didn’t Snitch On Naira Marley

Nigerian rapper, Ruggedman has further restated his earlier stand that he did not snitch on embattled Nigerian singer, Naira Marley who was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) some weeks ago in connection to internet fraud popularly known as yahoo yahoo. Speaking about the allegations made against him by Kemi Olunloyo who claimed that he snitched on Naira Marley, the “Ehen” crooner stated that his lawyers will act if the controversial journalist fails to stop. He also disclosed that a letter was written to Olunloyo, asking her to “retract, cease and desist from further defamation of the character of Ruggedman”. She has also been cautioned warned to take down the posts she had already made on social media or civil actions would be taken against her. Ruggedman said, “The next step has been clearly stated in my lawyers’ letter to her. They will act accordingly if she fails to stop.” On what he thinks her motives are for ‘attacking’ him, he said, “I wouldn’t know her state of mind or her motives. My interest is her not using her platform or any platform to defame my name and spread false information that could incite people into actions that threaten my peace and safety. That is against the law.” Insisting that he didn’t speak against Naira Marley, but rather cautioned him, he said, “I didn’t speak against Naira Marley. I only cautioned a young artiste from saying what I knew would not go down well with the authorities. It is who I am and I will always be me. I stand for what’s right, whether for myself or another person.” www.guardian.ng

Posted 26 May 2019 at 07:24 am
View Post

Q3 2018 capital budget records dismal implementation

There are strong indications that the bulk of N2.079t released by the Ministry of Finance as at May 14 for the implementation of projects by Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) may still be lodged at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The Minister of Finance Mrs. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, last week, said that the amount was for the implementation of projects captured under capital votes in the 2018 fiscal spending plan by the MDAs. But snippets from the Third Quarter 2018 budget implementation report exclusively obtained by The Guardian indicate that President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministers may have been largely indolent, as very little of actual work has been done. No thanks to their inability to draw the funds released by the Federal Government to remediate the ugly situation in the country and better the lot of the citizenry. According to the reports obtained from the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) and the Budget Office of the Federation (BOF), only one agency, that is the Public Complaints Commission, which is not among big spending MDAs was able to access its budgetary allocation during the period and deployed it. The other MDAs, including key spending Ministry of Defence; Ministry of Works, Power and Housing; Education Ministry; Health Ministry; Niger Delta Ministry and that of the Federal Capital Territory, either recorded below average of 32 per cent, or average execution at the end of the third quarter on September 30 last year. All these are happening in the face of daunting challenges, ranging from worsening insecurity, poor healthcare services and falling standard of education.

Posted 26 May 2019 at 06:39 am
View Post